Making a good gluten free cake is tricky but this recipe gives you a fudgy yet light chocolate cake with juicy apples that keep the cake moist.
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 130gr of good quality dark chocolate
- 60g of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 213g of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 156g of white sugar
- 177g of half and half
- 1 apple, diced and tossed in lemon juice and flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- A loaf pan (I used an 8×4-inch silicone pan and had some batter left over for cupcakes)
- Optional: Bourbon Caramel
-Preheat the oevn to 180°C and line your pan with parchment paper.
-Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl.
-Melt butter and dark chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
-Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate-butter and half and half, mix until well combined.
-Sift in your dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
-Fold in your diced apples then pour batter into your lined pan.
-Bake for 50 minutes. Then let cool in the pan for 30 minutes
-Serve topped with cream cheese frosting and caramel sauce. Enjoy!